Current UIS students have been automatically registered for UIS CareerConnect. Any student who has submitted a “Request to Prevent Disclosure of Directory Information” form with Records and Registration has not been registered for UIS Career Connect. These students will need to manually register within CareerConnect.
If you are a graduate student who has been selected to fill a student employment position, your position will actually be classified as a graduate hourly job. In order to have your position correctly established in the HR System, and to ensure you are paid, you must complete an Application for Fall/Spring Graduate Hourly Work. This form should be downloaded, and completed by you and your supervisor. Upon completion, it should be submitted to the GA Office in PAC 518.
- Student Employment Procedures (For Students)
- How to use CareerConnect (For Students) (pdf)
- Search Currently Available Jobs (CareerConnect)
- Student Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Federal Work Study (FWS) Program
- Graduate Students – Graduate Hourly Hiring Procedures
- Hire a Student (For Employers)
Student Employment is located in the Human Resources Building, Room 30.