Internships and Prior Learning
OFFICE HOURS (updated September 29, 2021)
- Monday – Friday: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM.
- Open Zoom Sessions: Tuesday, 10:00 – 11:00 a.m.; Wednesday, 2:00 – 3:00 p.m.
- ZOOM Access – Meeting ID: 979 8438 9577; Password: IPL
- The Office of Engaged Learning at UIS received over $45,000.00 in grant funding from the state of Illinois for the 2021 – 2022 academic year to help offset the cost of paid internships for our students. Check out our information page for further details.
- Visit the UIS COVID-19 Homepage for Fall 2021 semester COVID guidelines.
- Learn more about IPL through the OEL 2019-2020 Impact Report & UIS College Reports
Internships and Prior Learning Services
IPL consists of 3 programs: Internships, Prior Learning Assessment, and Service-Learning. These programs provide an opportunity for students to earn ECCE Engagement credits and/or fulfill degree program requirements.
- Internships enable students to obtain real-world experience in their area of study. Students earn credit by completing a course concurrently with a field experience: either an internship (IPL 300) or a project (IPL 301).
- Prior Learning Assessment gives students an opportunity to earn credit for past college-level learning. Students earn credit by completing an online course (IPL 305 or IPL 501) and developing a portfolio about their experiences.
- Service-Learning courses allow students to engage with the community and develop an understanding of civic responsibility by providing community service to non-profit agencies as part of their coursework.
Contact us! Complete this online form to schedule an appointment or seek assistance from the IPL Office.