Internships and Prior Learning
REMOTE OFFICE HOURS (updated April 21, 2021)
- Monday – Friday: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM.
- Open Zoom Sessions: Tuesday, 10:00 – 11:00 a.m.; Wednesday, 2:00 – 3:00 p.m.
Meeting ID: 979 8438 9577
- UIS is delivering courses virtually to our students for the Spring semester. We are teaching and working remotely to continue to serve students and support faculty and staff. Please contact our office via email or phone.
- You can find additional information on the UIS COVID-19 Homepage.
- For students planning a summer 2021 internship/project, please review this resource page for specific internship guidance.
- IPL at UIS received over $44,000.00 in grant funding from the state of Illinois to help off-set the cost of paid internships for our students. Check out our information page for further details.
- Learn more about IPL through our 2019-2020 Impact Report & UIS College Reports
Internships and Prior Learning Services
IPL consists of 3 programs: Internships, Prior Learning Assessment, and Service-Learning. These programs provide an opportunity for students to earn ECCE Engagement credits and/or fulfill degree program requirements.
- Internships enable students to obtain real-world experience in their area of study. Students earn credit by completing a course concurrently with a field experience: either an internship (IPL 300) or a project (IPL 301).
- Prior Learning Assessment gives students an opportunity to earn credit for past college-level learning. Students earn credit by completing an online course (IPL 305 or IPL 501) and developing a portfolio about their experiences.
- Service-Learning courses allow students to engage with the community and develop an understanding of civic responsibility by providing community service to non-profit agencies as part of their coursework.
Contact us! Complete this online form to schedule an appointment or seek assistance from the IPL Office.