Lincoln/AIM HIGH Merit Scholarships for Incoming Freshmen
When applying to UIS, all undergraduate freshmen are automatically eligible for Lincoln Merit Scholarships. These scholarships are automatically applied upon admission and are based solely on GPA .
The amounts listed represent per-year awards. The award is renewable for up to four years in which the student is enrolled as a full-time (12 hours or more), on campus student each semester and maintains a required UIS institutional GPA as specified by the award. Contact the Office of Admissions for more information.
|Unweighted GPA||Annual Scholarship Amount||Total Scholarship Amount (over 4 years)|
Students invited to apply, and admitted to the Capital Scholars Honors Program, will receive an additional $2,000 on top of the above amounts.
For more information on renewing Lincoln/Aim High Merit scholarships, please visit Aim High Scholarship Program.
Capital Scholars Honors Scholarships for Incoming Freshmen
|Unweighted High School GPA||Annual Scholarship Amount|
|4.0**||Up to 16 credit hours tuition and housing each semester**|
**Competitive and open to all students who are admitted to CAP Honors with a 4.0 unweighted GPA. Up to five awards each year. Consult with the CAP Honors Offices for more information.
Freshmen Cost and Scholarship Estimator 2021-2022
- The Freshmen Cost and Scholarship Estimator provides an ESTIMATE of your total tuition, fees, and assessments, as well as determines possible freshmen merit scholarships you might qualify for based upon the information provided. All amounts are SUBJECT TO CHANGE without advance notice.
Transfer Student Merit Scholarships 2020-2021
- The University of Illinois Springfield offers merit-based scholarships to new transfer students
UIS Institutional Scholarships 2021-2022
Approximately over 330 scholarships worth more than $573,000 will be available for UIS students for the 2021-2022 academic year.
- Visit the UIS Office of Advancement website for more information about scholarship recipients and scholarships that honor a particular faculty member or the memory of a late faculty member.
|November 13||Primary Scholarship Application Available|
|February 15||Application Deadline|
|April 26||Acceptance e-mail notifications to recipients on an ongoing basis|
Scholarship applications are available at the links below.
|UIS Institutional Scholarship Application 2021-2022||Deadline is February 15, 2021|
|The Memorial Nursing Scholarship Application 2021-2022||Deadline is March 1, 2021|
|Global Studies Experience Scholarship Application 2021-2022||Deadline is February 15, 2021|
|Phi Theta Kappa Application — Spring 2021 [PDF]||Deadline is December 1, 2020|
|Phi Theta Kappa Application — Fall 2021 [PDF]||Deadline is May 1, 2021|
- UIS Scholarship Database Search
- UIS Scholarship Details 2021 [PDF]
- Thank you Letter Guidelines [PDF]
|Children of Veterans Tuition Waiver Application 2021-2022||Priority deadline is January 5, 2021|
|UIS Music Scholarships||Deadline is February 15, 2021|
- Other scholarship opportunities
- Local area scholarship opportunities
- Nationally Competitive Scholarships