UIS Transfer Merit Scholarships
MERIT SCHOLARSHIPS FOR TRANSFER STUDENTS
The University of Illinois Springfield offers merit-based scholarships to new transfer students!
|3.75 – 4.00
|3.50 – 3.74
|3.25 – 3.49
|3.00 – 3.24
Amounts are based on full-time enrollment at UIS and are annual, to be split between the fall and spring semesters.
Scholarships will be awarded to students who meet the criteria based on their admission date until funds have been exhausted. Awards will be disbursed through the Office of Financial Assistance and credited toward educational costs on the student’s account — half in the fall semester and the other half in the spring semester.
REQUIREMENTS AND ELIGIBILITY
Students will meet all eligibility requirements in the first semester of enrollment at UIS
- Must have a qualifying cumulative grade point average
- Must have 24 or more transfer hours by entry to UIS
- Must be fully admitted and enrolled in a degree-seeking program
- Must be enrolled in an on-campus program (online programs are not eligible)
- Students already holding a Bachelor’s Degree (i.e. students seeking a second Bachelor’s Degree) are not eligible
- Must have valid FAFSA® or Illinois Alternative Application on file with the Office of Financial Assistance by the first day of classes
- Must have official final transcripts received by the Office of Admission by the start of classes
- Renewable for up to 4 years with an institutional GPA of 2.75 or better
New students beginning at UIS for the 2023-24 academic year and beyond may not have combined UIS scholarships that exceed tuition and mandatory fee charges. Therefore, some students may see a reduction in scholarship funds on their comprehensive financial aid offer notification. More details may be found here.