Our program offers a master of science in the field of computer science. This program is oriented toward software and is most appropriate for candidates interested in the design, analysis, and implementation of software programs.
Students must earn a grade of 'B-' or better in all courses that apply toward the degree. In addition, students who do not maintain a 3.00 grade-point average will be placed on academic probation according to campus policy. Graduate students enrolled in 400-level courses should expect more stringent grading standards and/or additional assignments. Courses taken on a credit/no credit basis will not count toward the degree.
How to Apply to the Online CSC Master’s Program
STEP 1: Complete and Submit the UIS Graduate Admission Application form
STEP 2: Turn in all required paperwork and documentation to the Office of Admissions.
We do not require a GRE score.
- Submit all official transcripts from every college or university attended to the Office of Admissions
- Pay application fee (cash and wire transfers are not accepted) Additional information for applicants can be found at How To Apply?
- All documents should be submitted to:
- Office Of Admissions
University of Illinois Springfield
One University Plaza, MS UHB 1080
Springfield Il, 62703-5407
- Office Of Admissions
- For general information, campus tours, financial information, scholarship information, and application resources please visit: UIS Admissions Web Site.
STEP 3: Admission Decision
- You can check the status of your application
- Applications can not be reviewed unless all transcripts, fees, and documentations have been turned in.
- Applications are prescreen in the Admissions department to verify minimum admission requirements are met.
- After pre-screening applications are sent to the Computer Science Department for review. The decision will be sent back to the Office of Admissions within 3 business days.
- The Office of Admissions will notify you of the decision.
View our Online Course Guide if you have questions about the online Computer Science program or the application process. You can also contact the online program coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or the department office at email@example.com for assistance.