Campus Moves

We perform most campus moves, including equipment surplus or disposal, rearranging furniture within an office/suite, and moving furniture from one space to another. We will schedule moving of equipment/furniture after it is processed and approved through the appropriate system.

Equipment transactions are processed through:

  • FABweb – Used to request equipment disposals and equipment/furniture moves to new locations on campus. Please understand we do not remove memory-storing devices or computer towers.
    • The property contact/manager for your department must submit the FABweb disposal or FABweb move request.
    • University Property Accounting and Reporting (UPAR) will notify the department property contact when the disposal or move request has been approved.
    • The property contact must forward the approval and spreadsheet of items to; Please note that University Property Accounting does not notify us of disposal or move approvals.
    • Visit the Equipment Management webpage for more information including policies and procedures concerning university property.
  • F&S Work Order System – Used to request that items be moved within a location/office space, such as rearranging an office. Understand that these requests may be billable and a C-FOP may be requested.

Surplus Furniture Available

Are you in need of new-to-you furniture? Browse our current inventory at UIS Available Furniture Surplus. New selections are added weekly so check in often to see the latest!

To request an item, send an email to Requests are filled every two weeks on a first come, first served basis.

A request form is in development to streamline the process. Stay tuned!

Campus Recycling

UIS recycles several waste streams including paper, plastic, and aluminum.

  • For questions about recycling or recycling container issues, call 217-206-6379.