Campus Moves

We perform most campus moves. Equipment moves involving disposals or sending items to surplus must be processed through FABweb. We will schedule moving of equipment after it is processed and approved through the appropriate system. Equipment transactions are processed through:

  • FABweb – Used to request disposals of equipment and moves of equipment/furniture to new locations on campus. Please understand we do not remove memory storing devices or computer towers.
    • Your departments’ property contact is responsible for going into FABweb and generating the FABweb disposal or FABweb move request.
    • Once University Property Accounting and Reporting (UPAR) approves a disposal or move request, they will send you the approval.
    • When received, the property contact must forward the approval and spreadsheet of items to; Property Accounting does not contact us.
    • For questions about FABweb see Equipment Management.
  • SchoolDude – Used to request to move items within a location/office space, like rearranging an office. Understand that most likely charges will apply and a CFOP will need to be provided.
  • Email - To request items from Surplus. We can inform you if the item you need is currently available. Campus surplus generally consists of basic used office furnishings; desks, file cabinets, bookshelves, tables and chairs.

Campus Recycling

UIS recycles several waste streams including paper, plastic and aluminum.

  • For questions about recycling or recycling container issues, call 217-206-6379.