Guidance and Support for Your Psychology Journey
Welcome to the Psychology Department, where we have a team of advisors dedicated to helping you excel in your academic and career pursuits. You're not alone on this journey—our advisors are here to provide the guidance you need.
- Clinical/Counseling Psychology Concentration
- Developmental Psychology Concentration
- Educational Psychology Concentration
- Experimental Psychology Concentration
- Individualized Concentration
Whether you're a Psychology major or minor, it's essential to connect with our department's academic advisor before choosing your courses. This advisor is your go-to person for a variety of academic matters:
- Course Planning: They'll help you figure out which courses to take in the upcoming semesters, ensuring you stay on track to meet your degree requirements.
- Special Requests: If you ever need to make a special request, like waiving a required course or earning upper-division credit, your academic advisor can assist you.
- Degree Progress: They'll help you keep an eye on your progress toward your degree, so you're always moving forward.
- Appeals: If you find yourself in a situation where you need to appeal something academically, such as academic suspension, your advisor is here to support you through the process.
Psychology majors, in particular, should also consult with a faculty advisor. Your faculty advisor is your partner in exploring opportunities beyond your bachelor's degree:
- Graduate School Guidance: If you're considering graduate school, they can help you choose the right program and guide you through the application process.
- Career Advice: Wondering what job opportunities are available after you earn your bachelor's degree? Your faculty advisor can provide valuable insights.
- Internship Opportunities: If you're thinking about doing an internship or are curious about what internship options are out there, your faculty advisor can offer advice and suggestions.
We're here to make your psychology education a success. Don't hesitate to reach out to your advisors—they're here to support your academic and career goals. For additional resources, check out our department website to help you thrive in your academic journey. Welcome to the world of psychology—we're excited to help you succeed!