Psychology is the scientific study of human behavior and mental processes.
A major in psychology provides knowledge of human behavior that prepares individuals for careers in health care, government, business, industry, research, and education.
Psychology majors share a desire to understand human nature and to have a positive impact on society
Psychology Online Degree
- The B.A. degree is now offered in an online format in addition to our existing on ground format.
Psychology Student Representative
- Ms. Brooke Seacrist was elected to serve as Psychology student representative for the 2021-2022 school year. Congratulations Brooke! You can contact the Psychology student representative if you have information that you would like to share with the Psychology Department.
Award Winning Students
- Take a look at the Psychology students who received the 2021 College of Liberal Arts and Sciences annual awards.
Commitment to Antiracism
- The Psychology Department is committed to antiracism, inclusion, equity, diversity, and social justice. Read our Department’s antiracism statement, and see our antiracism blog to read about our faculty members’ ongoing antiracism and social
- justice efforts.
Graduate School Workshop
- Thinking about applying to graduate school in psychology? If so, you may want to review the slides and handouts from the Spring 2020 Graduate School Workshop:
- Graduate school workshop slides
- Graduate school resources
- Comparing graduate schools spreadsheet
- Tips for writing personal statements
- Letter of recommendation form
- Information about the GRE
Information for Students
The Psychology Club is open to all students at UIS. The mission of the club is to advance students’ professional development through research, fundraising, and volunteering with others on campus and in the community. Many students in Psychology Club are also members of Psi Chi, an international honor society in psychology, as a result of their high academic achievements. If you would like more information, contact the president of the Psychology Club, Christa Willoughby.
- Psychology Club President: Christa Willoughby
- Psychology Club Vice President: Mason Wisley
- Psychology Club Secretary: Kinzy Buhrman