Psychology is the scientific study of human behavior and mental processes.
A major in psychology provides knowledge of human behavior that prepares individuals for careers in health care, government, business, industry, research, and education.
Psychology majors share a desire to understand human nature and to have a positive impact on society.
Psychology Online Degree
- The B.A. degree is now offered in an online format in addition to our existing on ground format.
Psychology Student Representative
- Mr. Edgar Gasca was elected to serve as Psychology student representative for the 2022-2023 school year. Congratulations Edgar! Students can contact the Psychology student representative if they have information that they would like to share with the Psychology Department.
Award Winning Students
- Take a look at the Psychology students who received the 2021 College of Liberal Arts and Sciences annual awards.
Commitment to Antiracism
- The Psychology Department is committed to antiracism, inclusion, equity, diversity, and social justice. Read our Department’s antiracism statement, and see our antiracism blog to read about our faculty members’ ongoing antiracism and social justice efforts.
Graduate School Workshop
- Thinking about applying to graduate school in psychology? If so, you may want to review the recording and handouts from the Spring 2022 Graduate School Workshop:
- Graduate School Resources
- Tips for Writing Personal Statements
- Letter of Recommendation Forms
- Information about the GRE
- APA Graduate Study in Psychology Report
- Recording of Graduate School Workshop
Information for Students
The Psychology Club is open to all students at UIS. The mission of the club is to advance students’ professional development through research, fundraising, and volunteering with others on campus and in the community. Many students in Psychology Club are also members of Psi Chi, an international honor society in psychology, as a result of their high academic achievements. If you would like more information, contact the president of the Psychology Club, Isa Durham.
- Psychology Club President: Isa Durham
- Psychology Club Vice President: Chloe Berna
- Psychology Club Treasurer: Alexia Davis