Academic Unit and Program Review
Faculty currently engage in two academic program review processes at UIS.
- Academic departments typically undergo self-study and review on an eight-year cycle based on Illinois Board of Higher Education (IBHE) guidelines. Read more about the program review process and guidelines, and view the program review schedule.
- Department faculty also take part in an annual academic dashboard review. The University System’s Academic Unit Review (AUR) data system manages the capture and reporting of dashboard metrics to allow very different programs to be compared and contrasted across a range of key indicators. These dashboard metrics provide a common foundation for multiple levels of review by academic departments, deans, a campus-level advisory committee, and the provost.
Academic Program Review resources
- 2020 Program Review Workshop Presentation (ppt)
- Definitions of Student Time Status and FTE (doc)
- Graduate Certificate Review Guidelines (pdf)
- Program Review Guidelines (doc)
- Crosswalk for Accredited Programs (doc)
- Three year Program Review Guidelines (doc)
- Minor Program Review Template (doc)
- Program Review Schedule (pdf)
- Public Service Research Unit Review Guidelines – 2003 version, corrected 2015 (pdf)