Dean of Students
The office is committed to the academic mission of UIS. We partner with faculty and staff to identify and address obstacles to student success, support students in their efforts to make meaning of their collegiate experience (student development) and prepare them to become engaged public servants and leaders through meaningful out-of-class learning experiences, community standards, services and activities. more
- UIS Nondiscrimination Policy – The University of Illinois will not engage in discrimination or harassment against any person because of the following protected categories: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, order of protection status, genetic information, marital status, disability, sexual orientation
including gender identity, unfavorable discharge from the military or status as a protected veteran and will comply with all federal, state and applicable local nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action laws, orders and regulations.
- Students – Designate a “Primary Contact if Missing”
- Student Policies, Reports, Procedures and Title IX
- Student Conduct Code – The Code covers disciplinary action initiated or taken against a student. Disciplinary action may be initiated for proscribed conduct occurring on property owned or controlled by the Campus or conduct in the course of participating in a Campus-sponsored program or project.
- Peer to Peer File Sharing (HEOA Compliance Plan)
- Office of Access and Equal Opportunity – UIS is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer with a strong institutional commitment to recruitment and retention of a diverse and inclusive campus community.
- UIS Student Handbook 2017 – 2018 (pdf) This online handbook includes information and links to academic and student affairs programs, arts and entertainment at UIS, athletics, food and dining, university policies and procedures, and campus safety, among many other topics. The Student Handbook is not an all-inclusive resource meant to take the place of the university catalog or other publication, but is rather one of many guides for students as they progress toward graduation. While the handbook is online-only, it is designed to allow printing of any or all of the pages of the handbook.
- Violence Prevention Plan – The University of Illinois at Springfield’s Campus Violence Prevention Plan is designed to comply with applicable federal and state regulations and to provide the policies and procedures to be followed in dealing with issues related to violence on campus.
The Dean of Students Office
University of Illinois Springfield
One University Plaza
MS Student Affairs Building 30
Springfield, Illinois 62703-5407
The office is open from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday or by appointment.