College of Business and Management
Hear more from CBAM students and alumni on our Success Stories page.
- The degree program in Accounting at UIS has been ranked as a “Best Value for the Money” in the annual nationwide ranking of U.S. colleges and placing us in the top 10% of all such programs in the country according to College Factual for value.
- UIS ranked the fourth best public regional university in the Midwest by U.S. News & World Report
- UIS ranks #7 for Best Online Accredited Programs
- UIS study finds “bedazzled” recycling bins don’t increase recycling behavior on campus
Recent News & Upcoming Events
- UIS College of Business and Management receives a $100,000 gift to help initiatives exploring the future of business education.
- In collaboration with Innovate Springfield, we are excited to announce the collaboration with iSPI Negotiations School. Please join us for the first session “The Art of Negotiation” with Dr. Sudeep Sharma, Assistant Professor of Management!
- The College of Business and Management is excited to announce a new featured star student, recent graduate Heba Qazi! Hear firsthand about her experience at UIS.
- New UIS online course gives business professionals the chance to become data analytics ninjas.
- New – Graduate Certificate in Operations and Supply Chain Management
- New – Graduate Certificate in Applied Finance
- New – Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Management
- Faculty and students in the CBM (MBA) participate in Innovate Springfield’s social innovation and business incubation programs. Students have the opportunity to learn and work on activities designed to accelerate the growth and success of startup and early-stage companies.
Faculty in the News
- Sudeep Sharma, Ph.D., assistant professor of management, marketing and operations at the University of Illinois Springfield, has been named University Scholar for 2020.
- Dr. Neetu Singh has successfully completed the Master Online Teacher (MOT) certificate in Summer 2019 from ION professional eLearning Programs. This professional certificate confirms the competencies of a master online teacher related to instructions, instructional design, student assessment, universal design principles, encouraging communication, and effective online course design.
- Dr. Hasan Kartal received the SAP Global Certification as an associate application consulted of SAP Predictive Analytics. The certification validates that the candidate possesses the knowledge required of the SAP consultant profile and has the in‐depth technical skills including the capabilities of SAP Predictive Analytics to participate in a project team and provide insights into business analytics challenges.