College of Business and Management 2021
Combining applied business skills with the humanities to better understand the institutions, virtues, and hard work it takes to create value.
Recent News & Upcoming Events
- CBM inducts 27 students into Bega Gamma Sigma business chapter
- UIS College of Business and Management, as part of the Christine and Lou Friedrich Speaker Series, featured author Benjamin Powell on economic benefits of immigration. The author presented on Business, Ethics, and Immigration – Why we should welcome the “wretched refuse”.
- The CBM and BitsIO are offering a Fundamentals Splunk 2 micro-certificate. This program will help professionals with basic knowledge of the Splunk platform to improve their data analytic skills.
- New – Master of Science in Finance
- New – Graduate Certificate in Cybersecurity Administration
- New – Graduate Certificate in Cybersecurity Management
- Faculty and students in the CBM (MBA) participate in Innovate Springfield’s social innovation and business incubation programs. Students have the opportunity to learn and work on activities designed to accelerate the growth and success of startup and early-stage companies.
Faculty in the News
- Dr. Sudeep Sharma, Assistant Professor from the Department of Management, Marketing and Operations was one of the speakers at the #TEDxUofISpringfield 2021. The theme of this event was #BridgingtheGap. Dr. Sharma’s presentation was on the title ” “Why Should you Master the Art of Negotiation?” The link to the TEDx Talk can be found here
- Dr. Sudeep Sharma, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Management, MMO Department, was named the 2020 University Scholar. This is the highest honor in the University of Illinois System awarded to faculty members who have excelled in scholarship.
- The degree program in Accounting at UIS has been ranked as a “Best Value for the Money” in the annual nationwide ranking of U.S. colleges and placing us in the top 10% of all such programs in the country according to College Factual for value.
- UIS ranked the fourth best public regional university in the Midwest by U.S. News & World Report
- UIS ranks #9 for Best Online Accredited Programs
- UIS MBA alumni, Gregory Knott, appointed secretary of the U of I Board of Trustees and the University
- College of Business and Management recent graduate, Adella Nguyen, started her new job with Shopee in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, as a Strategic Partnership Associate.
- UIS MBA student helps the U of I System team finish second in a Chicago business pitch competition-August 2018
- College of Business Sponsors the Springfield Business Journal’s “40 Under Forty” (pdf) – July 2018
- Two alumni inducted into the first class of the UIS Management Information Systems Hall of Fame-May 2017