- Nomination is required. Nominees must be living at the time of their nomination. Nominations will be considered active for five years.
- Nominee must hold an earned degree from the University of Illinois Springfield campus.
- Nominee must be an individual who distinguishes themselves for his/her chosen business, profession or life’s work, who has demonstrated emerging and unique innovation, creativity and success.
- Nominee must be a person of such stature, demonstrated ability and renown that alumni, students, faculty and staff of the University of Illinois will take pride in and be inspired by his/her recognition.
- Nominee must be an individual who, in deed or action, reflects the importance of his/her education at the University of Illinois.
- Previous recipients are not eligible for reconsideration.
- Current members of the University of Illinois Board of Trustees; the UIS Alumni Board, the awards committee; and relatives, employers or employees thereof are not eligible for consideration.
- Current faculty, staff and other employees of the University of Illinois are not eligible for consideration.
- Persons currently holding or running for elected state or federal public office in Illinois are not eligible for consideration.
- The award may not be conferred in absentia; however, it may be granted posthumously.
How to Nominate Someone for the Rising Star Alumni Award
- Recipients must be nominated for the award. Working from these nominations, the awards committee of the UIS Alumni Board selects one (1) recipient per awards cycle. The award will be presented at an Alumni Association or other related UIS event.
- Please be advised: Should the committee determine the nominee would be more appropriately honored by means of a different award, the committee reserves the right to consider each nominee for other, more suitable recognition.