University affiliates may purchase memberships and will need to show a valid i-card at time of purchase. Affiliates include:
- Online-only degree seeking UIS students
- Previous term registered FT UIS students
- Current FT and PT UIS Academic Professional Staff
- Current FT and PT UIS Civil Service Staff
- Current FT and PT UIS Extra Help Employee Staff
- Current FT and PT UIS Faculty
- Faculty Emeritus and Retired Staff
- Spouse/Partner of Eligble Student Member (Eligible Student Member must be present at time of purchase)
- Spouse/Partner of Eligible Employee Member (Eligible Employee Member must be present at time of purchase)
- UIS Alumnus (UIS graduates only)
- Spouse/Partner of UIS Alumnus (UIS Alumni Member must be present at time of purchase)
- Persons residing in campus housing for the current term (verification from Housing required)
- U of I Sister School Members
- U of I Extension Office or location (any)
- NIRSA Passport Holders
- Lincoln Land Community College Student Living in UIS Campus Housing; (Status must be verified through the office of Housing and Residence Life; verification is not guaranteed same day)
For information on specified rates visit out Fee Structure page.
- Available to any individual who has graduated from the University of Illinois system and is a member of the U of I Alumni Association(Status must be verified through the U of I Alumni Office; verification is not guaranteed same day)
- An individual that has purchased a membership and has been sponsored by a current Rec Member (Associate Members can not sponsor other Rec Members); The membership is only valid for the duration of the sponsor’s membership
- The sponsor need not accompany the Associate Member when using Campus Recreation facilities or to participate in Campus Recreation Programs and Services; The sponsor must be present at time of membership purchase
- The purchase of an i-card is required to purchase a membership; an i-card request form can be picked up in the Campus Recreation Office
- Can sign up for their membership using payroll deduction
- Perpetual Memberships are available to Faculty/Staff who sign up for a membership with payroll deduction
- Family Memberships include eligible student/employee/alumni and their spouse/domestic partner, children over the age of 14 or adult dependent (18-23 years old). Family membership packages are understood to include a spouse or domestic partner and up to two (2) children or adult dependents living at the same address for a total of four (4) memberships.
- Children must be at least 16 years of age to use TRAC without an adult
- A spouse is defined as an individual entered into a marriage or civil union with another.
- A partner defined as a domestic partner; “unrelated, same-sex individuals who reside in the same household and have a financial and emotional interdependence consistent with that of a married couple for a period of not less than one year and continue to maintain such arrangement. The minimum age of a domestic partner is 19 years old.”
Faculty and Staff eligible to purchase a membership via payroll deduction are eligible for this type of membership.
How is this different from an annual membership? When you sign up for a perpetual membership you will be a Rec Member and be signing up for continual deductions until you request to cancel your membership.
Are there any other benefits? Yes. When you sign up for a perpetual membership you will not need to sign up again (we only need your signature once)! Also, the price of the membership will not change for as long as you have the membership. When you sign up for a perpetual membership, you will be locked in at that price and will not have to worry about any future fee increases.
What if I already have a membership? If you are already a Rec Member and would like to switch your membership to a perpetual membership stop by the Campus Recreation Office and we will make the adjustment to your account.
*Students registered for 1 hour are typically assessed the General Fee which supports Campus Recreation programs. These students are automatically Rec Members and may enter TRAC with their UIS i-card.
Guest & Short Term Passes
Campus Recreation provides multiple ways UIS community members and guests can use The Recreation and Athletic Center.
All reservations are for one hour only. Only one reservation per day per person, for any type of court, is allowed. One individual may, however, reserve different types of courts at different hours. Student groups must use UIS Connection for facility reservations.
Same-Day or Next Day Reservations
Reservation Line/TRAC Front Desk: (217) 206-6658. Make reservations for: