The Recreation and Athletic Center (TRAC)
The state-of-the-art Recreation and Athletic Center (TRAC) opened in Fall 2007. This 72,000 gross-square-foot facility is managed by the Department of Campus Recreation and houses the offices of UIS Intercollegiate Athletics. TRAC boasts a 23,000 square foot arena available for multiple indoor sports, three fitness areas, a Multi-Purpose Room and two racquetball/squash courts. TRAC also serves as the home of UIS Men’s & Women’s Basketball and UIS Women’s Volleyball.
TRAC will reopen on Monday, July 13, 2020.
Hours of operation: Monday-Friday: 11am-2pm, Closed Saturday and Sunday.
Faculty, staff and students- $5/day or $39/month. Sorry, no guests.
- Fitness and Strength Equipment is spread out so everyone should be at leas 6 feet apart.
- All weights and machines are available to use upstairs. For the summer, the downstairs equipment is reserved for Athletics only.
- The indoor track is closed to walking and running so that cardio and strength machines can be placed onto it and to also avoid close contact.
- Masks will not be required as people actively workout, but they will need to wear masks as they enter TRAC and go to their work out area.
- Bring your own bottle of water. Water fountains are turned off except for the bottle filler.
- Group Fitness classes are not being offered this summer in TRAC but are free on-line at https://www.fitnesswithjazz.net/live-class-passes
- Due to the arena receiving new lights, floor repair, and then in August it is booked with summer camps, there is limited time it will be available for open gym. Please email email@example.com find out availability. One person per basket will be permitted and 1v1 badminton.
- Outdoor equipment (disc golf, putters, balls) are available for check-out.
Fall student fees begin August 19. Until then, students may pay the daily fee.
Learn more about TRAC
- Performance arena- Capacity 3,000 people
- 3 collegiate-length basketball and volleyball courts
- 3 pickleball/badminton courts
- Elevated running track
- Two racquetball courts that convert to squash courts
- Cardio/weight training areas
- Multi-Purpose exercise room
- 300-car parking lot