The Recreation and Athletic Center (TRAC)
The state-of-the-art Recreation and Athletic Center (TRAC) opened in Fall 2007. This 72,000 gross-square-foot facility is managed by the Department of Campus Recreation and houses the offices of UIS Intercollegiate Athletics. TRAC boasts a 23,000 square foot arena available for multiple indoor sports, three fitness areas, a Multi-Purpose Room and two racquetball/squash courts. TRAC also serves as the home of UIS Men’s & Women’s Basketball and UIS Women’s Volleyball.
TRAC Fall Operating Hours
*Fitness area will be closed from 3pm-4pm for cleaning
Sorry, no guests.
- Fitness and Strength Equipment is spread out so everyone should be at least 10 feet apart.
- The indoor track is closed to walking and running so that cardio and strength machines can be placed onto it and to also avoid close contact.
- Bring your own bottle of water. Water fountains are turned off except for the bottle filler.
- Outdoor equipment (disc golf, putters, balls) are available for check-out.
Learn more about TRAC
- Performance arena- Capacity 3,000 people
- 3 collegiate-length basketball and volleyball courts
- 3 pickleball/badminton courts
- Elevated running track
- Two racquetball courts that convert to squash courts
- Cardio/weight training areas
- Multi-Purpose exercise room
- 300-car parking lot