Parking privileges may be revoked for any individual for the following reasons:
(1) Is found guilty of reckless driving under Chapter 625, of the Illinois Compiled Statutes while driving a vehicle on this campus.
(2) Is found guilty of driving while under the influence of alcohol under Chapter 625, of the Illinois Compiled Statutes while driving a vehicle on this campus.
(3) Has his/her operator’s license revoked by the State of Illinois.
(4) Individual has not paid overdue parking fines.
(5) Individual receives a parking violation for false or deceptive practices in obtaining parking privileges.
Section 6-102 – Imposition of Sanctions and Violation Penalties
The University is authorized to impose sanctions for any violation of these regulations, withdraw motor vehicle privileges as provided in these regulations, cause the removal of vehicles at the operator’s or owner’s expense as provided in these regulations, refer the matter to internal disciplinary action, impose a violation penalty, or any combination of the above.
Section 6-103 – Violation Penalties
The University shall have the authority to impose a violation penalty in addition to the sanctions listed in Sections 6-101 and 6-102 of this part as established below:
(1) $ 40.00 No Parking Hang Tag
(2) $ 40.00 Expired Parking Hang Tag
(3) $ 50.00 Parking Hang Tag not valid for lot/area (unassigned lot)
(4) $ 25.00* Parking Meter-Parking Meter Pay Station EXPIRED/Parking Zone Overtime (*This violation increases to $35.00 if not paid within ten calendar days from the violation date)
(5) $250.00 Unauthorized Parking in a handicapped space
(6) $ 50.00 Unauthorized Parking Lot or Space/No Parking Zone
(7) $ 50.00 Unauthorized parking in a prohibited location/area: Emergency Lanes/Spaces, Fire Lane/Hydrant, on Sidewalks, on Grass, on Recreational and/or Athletic Courts, in Driveways, in Loading Zone, prohibited by sign or yellow curb marking
(11) $ 50.00 Parking in a Reserved Parking Space without appropriate Parking Hang Tag
(12) $ 25.00 Unauthorized use of Resident Parking Only
(13) $ 50.00 Failure to remove vehicle from special event signed area
(14) $250.00 False or deceptive practices in obtaining parking privileges
A violation penalty must be paid or appealed within ten (10) calendar days of the ticket’s issuance, or the violation penalty will be processed as a debt owed to the University. Only after payment is received, may a violation be elevated to the appeals board committee for review of a no violation penalty in accordance with Section 7 of these regulations.
Section 6-104 – Failure to Pay
A. Notwithstanding any provisions of these regulations, any student who fails, refuses, or neglects to pay a violation penalty as set forth in these regulations will be subject to an administrative hold being placed on the student’s registration and/or records until such time as the amount is paid to the Bursar.
B. Notwithstanding any provisions of these regulations, any person who is an employee of the University and who fails to pay a violation penalty as set forth in these regulations will be subject to having such violation penalty owed to the University deducted from the sums due to such employee from the University.
Section 6-105 – Motor Vehicles Subject to Removal
A. Vehicles may be towed from the university property under the following conditions:
(1) Motor vehicles parked in such a manner as to impede the normal flow of traffic or create a safety hazard; vehicles blocking driveways, wheelchair ramps, fire lanes and hydrants, garbage and recycling dumpsters, or other vehicles; and those parked in handicap parking spaces without handicap plates, decals or disabled veteran plates.
(2) Vehicles which are found abandoned/derelict and/or inoperable because of traffic accidents. Abandoned/derelict vehicles are defined as those vehicles without a current license plate, in obvious disrepair, or which otherwise appear to be abandoned, and as further described in Chapter 625 of the Illinois Compiled Statutes.
(3) Any vehicle found on campus after loss of parking privileges may be removed therefrom at the expense of the owner or operator as provided in these regulations.
(4) Unauthorized parking in a location/area outlined in Section 5-103 Prohibited Parking.
B. All vehicles removed under conditions as listed above will be removed at the expense of the owner or operator of such vehicle.
The parking violation must be paid online prior to filing an appeal.
Due to COVID-19 and to keep our campus community safe, parking appeals hearings will not be held “in person” at this time. However, the parking appeals board will continue to review parking appeals.
Appeals may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, mailed or delivered to the Parking Operation’s office.
When mailing an appeal, please allow sufficient time for receipt of the parking appeals form by the Parking Operation’s office within the ten (10) calendar days of the ticket’s issuance.
When delivering an appeal to the Parking Operation’s office, please schedule an appointment to drop off the completed form.
Section 7-101 – Hearing
A. Any person who desires to appeal a violation penalty, must appeal it within ten (10) calendar days of the ticket’s issuance. The parking violation must be paid online prior to filing an appeal. Appeal forms are available at the Parking Operations office and available above. The individual filing the appeal has the option to appear in person before the Board to present their case. Due to COVID-19 and to keep our campus community safe, parking appeals hearings will not be held “in person” at this time. However, the parking appeals board will continue to review parking appeals.
B. Any person who fails to file an appeal waives the right to the same and shall be subject to violation penalty or sanctions otherwise herein provided.
Section 7-102 – The Parking Appeals Board and Advisory Committee
The Board is chaired by the campus parking manager and may consist of two student members as appointed by the Student Government Association, two faculty members as appointed by the Campus Senate, two staff members with one appointed by the Civil Service Advisory Council and the other appointed by the Academic Professional Advisory Council. The Board shall establish its own procedures for due process. The decisions of the board are final.
Section 7-103 – Authority of the Parking Appeals Board and Advisory Committee
Shall have the authority to:
(1) Affirm the violation or any sanction imposed under regulations.
(2) Determine that no violation penalty was incurred or other sanction imposed under these regulations.
(3) Grant a continuance or rehearing for a violation.
THESE REGULATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO REVISION AT ANY TIME.