Summer Star Parties Events
The next Star Party is on August 12 (during the Perseid Meteor Shower)
Follow us on twitter (@UISObservatory) for up to date information.
Star Parties this summer will be virtual. See below for information on how to join virtual star parties. We will wait until we are closer to the fall to decide on the mode for Star Parties for the fall.
To join us a virtual Star Party just join us on Zoom at:
Zoom Meeting ID: 970 0930 5382
Here is a list of recordings of the Star Parties in Spring and Summer 2022:
Spring & Summer Star Party Schedule
In the spring and summer of 2022 we will be hosting virtual online star parties via Zoom.
Are you wondering how a virtual star party works?
Here are the scheduled dates in Spring/Summer 2022:
- Friday, March 11 – 8:00 p.m. CST (Recording)
- Friday, April 8 – 8:00 p.m. CDT (Recording)
- Friday, April 22 – 8:00 p.m. CDT (Part of Springfield Earth Week)
- Friday, May 13 – 8:00 p.m. CDT (Recording)
- Friday, August 12 – 8:00 p.m. CDT
Follow us on Twitter @UISObservatory for updates and more information.
We miss interacting with you in-person. This is the next best thing until we do that again. But there are also a few advantages to a virtual star party:
- Live telescope viewing is weather dependent and we will make a call on Twitter (@UISObservatory) with regards if a cloudy night program will be offered for a given date.
- We get to take you places you normally could not come in person. This includes neat apps we can share and views of a dark sky from our research observatory.