New Student Orientation and Parent Relations
Receive reminders and stay up-to-date with information about our orientation and family programming.
- Registration for Summer KickStart for first-year freshmen admitted to the summer and fall of 2018 is now open. Check your post for brochures.
- Transfer and Graduate Students enrolling in the summer and fall of 2018 semester may now register for Transfer/Graduate Orientation programs. Brochures coming in early March.
- Enrolling in UIS for spring of 2019? See Future Orientation Dates for dates. Registration will open for orientation programming in mid-October .
- Review our webpages for first-year (freshmen), Transfer, and Graduate Student orientation information and new student checklists.
- Like us on Facebook! Stay up-to-date with orientation and family programming.
- Parents join our Prairie Star Family Association Executive Board on the new PSFA Facebook page…Like PSFA on Facebook!
UIS is a Tobacco-Free campus as mandated by the State of Illinois.
Student Affairs Building (SAB 60)
8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. CST. Monday thru Friday.
Reduced Staffing Days and Holidays
Our office may have reduced staffing during university semester breaks when Student Orientation Coordinators are not working. This will impact our ability to respond to communications in a timely manner during Thanksgiving Recess (Wednesday, November 22, 2017) and Spring Break (March 12-15, 2018).
The Office of New Student Orientation & Parent Relations will be closed December 23, 2017 – Monday, January 1, 2018. Please refer to our webpages for information about Spring Orientation programs. We will answer any calls and emails, and process orientation reservations when we return starting January 2, 2018.
Our office will have reduced staffing May 7-18, 2018). Our Student Orientation Coordinators will be taking finals May 7-11 and then a week off after finals week. Please be patient as it will take longer to return emails and phone calls.
UIS is closed on the following holidays: New Years Eve and Day; Martin Luther King, Jr Day; Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day Thursday and Friday; Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.