Therkildsen Field Station at Emiquon
The floodplain restoration at the Emiquon Preserve provides exciting scientific opportunities for researchers and valuable learning experiences for students. Additionally, the quiet and scenic setting offers artists and writers an inspiring get-away. The Therkildsen Field Station (TFSE) provides logistical support for these endeavors with laboratory and classroom space, as well as equipment and housing.
- Our FAQ page should answer most of the what, where, why, and how type questions.
- How do I stay up-to-date on the TFSE? Join our mailing list and visit us on our Facebook page.
- I would like to support students and research at the TFSE, how can I make a donation? Thank you! You’ll find what you need on our support the TFSE page.
News & Notes:
- The 13th Annual Science Symposium will be held May 8, 2019.
- Our weather station is now accessible on-line. Check-out our weather page for more information.
- The TFSE invites UIS students (Graduate or Undergraduate) to submit proposals for student-driven projects based in, and around the Emiquon Preserve. For more information visit our Student Grants page.