Office of Human Resources
People make the place at the University of Illinois Springfield (UIS). UIS is an equal opportunity employer that strives to attract, select, and develop a diverse community of people that are talented, passionate, and driven. UIS provides an intellectually rich, collaborative, and intimate learning environment where students, faculty and staff support each other and our academic and extracurricular endeavors, while serving local, regional, state, national, and international communities. Find more information about UIS.
Why Employees Choose UIS
- Employees of UIS may choose from a number of competitive health insurance plans, a dental plan, flexible spending plans, several types of term life insurance, long term disability insurance, supplemental investment programs and additional optional offerings.
- Employees and their children may also be eligible for tuition waivers.
- UIS provides sick time, shared benefits leave, vacation time, floating holidays, several paid holidays and other opportunities to take time away from work when necessary.
- Employees are also protected by a university-funded workers’ compensation program.
We hope you will join our University of Illinois educational leadership lived experience.
Human Resources Building HRB 30
(217) 206-7145 Fax
Monday – Friday
8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Holiday Schedule FY18 (PDF)
News You Can Use
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) information
- Policy Change information for sick leave and funeral leave
- 1098-T and other student tax information may be found in the UIS Customer Service office PAC 184 or by calling (217) 206-6727
- Employee W-2 information may be found in the Payroll and Benefits office BSB 85 or by calling (217) 206-7144
- Congratulations to Ann Graffagna on being awarded UIS Employee of the Month for May!
- Congratulations to all of our 2017 UIS graduates!
Please share in celebrating the contributions and successes of several exceptional UIS staff members this year, including:
- Barbara Cass (Online Program Coordinator) -CAPE Award for outstanding performance by an Academic Professional
- Tisha Palmer (Administrative Aide to the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs) -CARE Award for excellence in Civil Service
- Joy Thibadeau (Assistant to the Vice Chancellor for Graduate Education) -UIS Employee of the Year
Faculty honors awarded this year included:
- Dr. Peter Shapinsky (History) -University Scholar
- Dr. Amy McEuen (Biology) -Pearson Award for Outstanding Teaching
- Dr. Jorge Villegas (Business Administration) -Spencer Award for Exemplary Service
- Dr. Scott Day (Educational Leadership) -Award for Faculty Excellence
- Dr. Cheng-Chia (Brian) Chen (Public Health) -Burks Oakley II Distinguished Online Teaching AwardThese honorees, and so many others on our campus, exemplify “Leadership Lived” and inspire our community every day.
Links to Other University Of Illinois HR Resources