Goals of Orientation
- Students and Family Members will become familiar with the University, its resources, and the opportunities for student success academically, socially and out of the classroom;
- Students and Family Members will learn about academic expectations and gain an understanding of the academic requirements for their major area;
- Students and Family Members will have opportunities to learn about UIS’s academic and social culture and understand the core attributes of Leadership Lived;
- Students will have opportunities to have fun and interact with current students and members of their orientation session cohort;
- Family Members will gain an understanding of new student transition needs and how to support their student’s success through graduation; and
- Family Members will be welcomed as partners promoting their student success.