All links below are to outside resources – the following links do not necessarily constitute endorsement.
Associations and Journals
- American Journal of Distance Education , AJDE , Journal of research and scholarship in the field of American distance education.
- Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education, AACE, International educational and professional organization dedicated to the advancement of the knowledge, theory, and quality of learning and teaching with information technology
- The Chronicle of Higher Education Information Technology, Chronicle of Higher Education, Daily coverage of information technology in academe
- Journal of Distance Learning Administration, State University of West Georgia , Free electronic journal on the administrative side of distance learning
- EDUCAUSE, Focuses on the management and use of computational, network, and information resources in support of higher education’s mission of scholarship, instruction, service, and administration
- Educause Review / Educause Quarterly, Explores the changing ways we will work, learn, and communicate in the digital world
- International Review of Research in Open and Distance Learning, (IRRODL) Athabasca University, A refereed e-journal to advance research, theory and best practice in open and distance learning worldwide. An OER article database
- International Journal on E-Learning (IJEL) / Journal of Computers in Mathematics and Science Teaching (JCMST) / Journal of Interactive Learning Research (JILR) / Journal of Educational Multimedia and Hypermedia (JEMH) / Journal of Technology and Teacher Education (JTATE) / Journal on Online Learning Research / Contemporary Issues in Technology and Teacher Education (CITE), Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education
- League for Innovation in the Community College , League for Innovation , Non-profit educational consortium of leading community colleges organized to stimulate innovation and experimentation in all areas of community college development
- Online Learning Consortium/ Online Learning (formerly Journal of Asynchronous Learning Networks) / ALN Magazine , Sloan Consortium , Online journals about online education
- Teaching, Learning, and Technology Group , American Association for Higher Education (AAHE) , Provides materials and services that motivate and enable institutions to improve teaching and learning with technology
- T.H.E. Journal , T.H.E. Journal , Resource for articles, editorials, news, information on software and industry perspective of online education
- TOJET – The Turkish Online Journal of Educational Technology, a quarterly, open access, peer reviewed international electronic journal