8 Week Course/Instructor Led/Weekly Modules/Earn a Digital Credential
This course examines the critical role of online leaders in ensuring the success of faculty and students in the online environment. Participants will gain a broader understanding of best practices and resources on the topics of providing faculty support and development, offering comprehensive support services for all students, promoting effective communication, and supporting faculty and students through times of change. Planning strategies and tools for a leader's role as an advocate for online learning and institutional context as it relates to online education will also be addressed.
ION Professional eLearning Programs 8 CEU hours.
As a result of completing course activities and interacting in discussion forums, learners will be able to:
- Define online faculty support and the role leaders play in it.
- Discuss theories, models, and best practices related to faculty training and professional development.
- Define online student support services and the role leaders play in it.
- Explore the role institutional context has on faculty and student support for online education.
- Identify communication and response planning strategies and tools to support online faculty and students.
Master Online Learning Administrator (MOLA) Professional Certificate required course.