8 Week Course/Instructor Led/Weekly Modules/Earn a Digital Credential
This is an 8-week course designed to assist faculty in finding ways to implement cultural responsiveness into the online environment. We will look at ways to empower students intellectually, socially, emotionally, and politically by using cultural exercises. We will explore ways to establish inclusion, authentic assessment and assess bias. The following is a very general overview of the course while specific requirements and assignments for each module will be detailed in the course itself. The final project of the course will allow participants to use one of their courses and implement culturally responsive elements.
ION Professional eLearning Programs 8 CEU hours.
As a result of completing course activities and interacting in discussion forums, participants will be able to:
- Identify some facilitator strategies for building community and fostering participation in our online courses.
- Identify some benefits and challenges of introducing, identifying, and addressing implicit bias.
- Identify some strategies for making assignments and classroom environment equitable to all students.
- Experience multiple perspectives of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Identify a place of self-reflection in race/racism
Master Online Teacher Certificate (MOT) Elective Class.