New Student Orientation and Parent Relations
Receive reminders and stay up-to-date with information about our orientation and family programming.
- Enrolling at UIS for the first-time during the Spring Semester of 2017 (January)? Review our webpages for first-year (freshmen), Transfer, and Graduate Student Orientation information and new student checklists.
- Like us on Facebook! Stay up-to-date with orientation and family programming by joining the UIS New Student Orientation & Parent Relations Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/uisnewstudentorientation/.
- Parents join our Prairie Star Family Association Executive Board on the new PSFA Facebook page…Like PSFA on FAcebook!
- Enrolling at UIS for the Summer 2017 semester as a Transfer or Graduate Student? Our Transfer/Graduate Orientation for Summer admits will be Thursday, June 1 from 4-7 p.m. See Future Orientation Dates for students enrolling in the Fall 2017 semester.
- Are you a first-year (freshman) enrolling in the Fall of 2017? See Future Orientation Dates for mandatory orientation program information. Registration for our Summer KickStart program for Fall admits will begin February 1, 2017. Once you have submitted your acceptance of admission, you will begin to receive email and mail from us, so keep an eye on your inbox and mailbox for information from UISSO or the Office of New Student Orientation & Parent Relations.
- UIS is a Tobacco-Free campus as mandated by the State of Illinois.
Student Affairs Building (SAB 20)
8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. CST. Monday thru Friday.
UIS is closed on the following holidays: New Years Eve and Day; Martin Luther King, Jr Day; Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day Thursday and Friday; Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
Our office may have decreased staffing which will impact our office hours and ability to respond to communications in a timely manner during Thanksgiving Recess (Wednesday before Thanksgiving); Winter Break (December 26 – December 30), and Spring Break.