New Student Orientation and Parent Relations
Receive reminders and stay up-to-date with information about our orientation and family programming.
- Our last Orientation program for first-year [freshmen] KickStart Orientation is August 21-22. Register soon!
- Family Weekend draft schedule has been posted
- Enrolling at UIS for the first-time during the Summer or Fall Semester of 2017? Review our webpages for first-year (freshmen), Transfer, and Graduate Student orientation information and new student checklists.
- Like us on Facebook! Stay up-to-date with orientation and family programming.
- Parents join our Prairie Star Family Association Executive Board on the new PSFA Facebook page…Like PSFA on Facebook!
- Enrolling at UIS for the Spring 2018 semester as a Transfer or Graduate Student? Our Transfer/Graduate Orientation for Spring admits will be Tuesday, January 9 from 4-7:15 p.m. See Future Orientation Dates for first-year [freshmen] student information if you are planning on enrolling in the Spring 2018 semester.
- UIS is a Tobacco-Free campus as mandated by the State of Illinois.
Student Affairs Building (SAB 60)
8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. CST. Monday thru Friday.
Reduced Staffing Days and Holidays
Our office will have reduced staffing during May 15-19, 2017). Our Student Orientation Coordinators will be taking a week of vacation after finals week. Please be patient as it will take longer to return emails and phone calls.
UIS is closed on the following holidays: New Years Eve and Day; Martin Luther King, Jr Day; Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day Thursday and Friday; Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
Our office may have reduced staffing during university semester breaks when Student Orientation Coordinators are not working. This will impact our ability to respond to communications in a timely manner during Thanksgiving Recess (Wednesday, November 22, 2017) and Spring Break (March 12-15, 2018).
The Office of New Student Orientation & Parent Relations will be closed Friday, December 22, 2017 – Monday, January 2, 2018. Please refer to our webpages for information about Spring Orientation programs. We will answer any calls and emails, and process orientation reservations when we return starting January 3, 2018.