Welcome to UIS Testing Services
Located in the Human Resources Building (HRB) Room 112, Testing Services is available for placement testing, exam proctoring, and certification exams.
With 30 state of the art testing stations, Testing Services is available to proctor make-up exams, exam re-takes, online student exams, and certification exams. In addition, Testing Services is available for Math and Reading/English placement testing.
We are here to serve you.
To schedule an exam
- Call: 217-206-8114
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stop by Testing Services in HRB 112
PHOTO ID: You must present a current photo ID (UIS icard, state issued driver’s license, state issued ID, FOID card, or passport) to be allowed to test.
2017 Fall Hours
|Monday||9:00 a.m.||5:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday||9:00 a.m.||5:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday||9:00 a.m.||5:00 p.m.|
|Thursday||9:00 a.m.||5:00 p.m.|
|Friday||12:00 noon||5:00 p.m.|
We recommend you always call or email to make an appointment. You may walk-in for testing; however, a desk or proctor may not be available. We will accommodate you, if possible, Please do not make a special trip to campus without an appointment.
Cost to take an exam: If you are a UIS student, there is no charge. If you are a student at another institution, or if you are taking a pre-enrollment placement exam for another school, there is a $15 non-refundable fee, payable on line or in cash, by personal check, or money order. (If you are paying cash, please bring the exact amount as we do not keep cash for change in the office.) You must pay the fee now or at the time of your exam.
Academic Integrity Agreement
When taking any type of exam at UIS Testing Services, you agree to the following:
- Respect other exam taker’s needs for quiet and concentration;
- Leave unneeded clothing and other items in coordinator’s office while testing;
- Leave electronic devices in coordinator’s office, including, but not limited to: cell phone, smart watch, computer, laptop;
- Only use notes, textbooks. scratch paper, Internet, or calculators when allowed by your course instructor;
- Refrain from academic dishonesty before, during, and after testing; and,
- Follow all instructions given to you by Testing Services staff.
Faculty: Please return this form to arrange proctoring for your online student exams and make-up exams.
Testing Services offers Accuplacer for placement testing.
Modern Language Testing
For Modern Language Testing please submit this form. Someone from Modern Languages will then get in touch with you.
National Certification Examinations
Are you interested in reserving Testing Services for a national certification exam?
Please contact us at email@example.com or (217) 206-8114.