Welcome. The UIS Student Injury and Sickness Insurance Plan provides worldwide coverage for our students. Dependents are also eligible for coverage at an additional cost. Students enrolled in only online courses are not eligible for student insurance. Refer to the Student Insurance Requirement Information link below for more detailed guidance.
If you have already submitted, and received confirmation of, exemption from student insurance, you may still receive an insurance card from UnitedHealthcare in the mail. Please shred it. This is just a timing difference and does not mean that you will be charged.
- Exemption Deadline for Fall Semester: September 27, 2013
- Exemption Deadline for Spring Semester: February 28, 2013
- Exemption Deadline for Summer Semester: June 15, 2013
Rates, Coverage & Claims
- Student Health Plan Rates
2012-2013 Premium Rates (pdf)
- Student Health Plan Coverage Dates
Fall semester coverage dates: August 16 – January 9
Spring semester coverage dates: January 10 – May 31
Summer semester coverage dates: June 1 – August 15
- Student Injury and Sickness Insurance Plan 2012-2013 (pdf)
The plan contains information about eligibility, terms of coverage,
schedule of benefits and claim procedure.To receive a temporary ID card, list of doctors and
pharmacies in your area, or to check claim status, visit www.uhcsr.com.
- Claim Procedure and Claim Form Student Injury and Sickness
Looking for answers? Check out this free resource for college students from UnitedHealthCare.