The 47th annual UIS commencement ceremonies will be held at the Bank of Springfield Center on Saturday, May 12, 2018. There will be two ceremonies at 12:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. The ceremonies will be divided by college. Information on which College(s) will participate at which ceremony will announced at a later date.
Additional information will be made available soon.
Important Information for 2018 Graduates
All students planning to participate in commencement ARE REQUIRED to complete the following TWO steps:
- Confirm their participation by submitting an online intent to participate between dates TBD. This form will be available soon. Only those who were eligible to participate were able to submit their intent to participate. Even students making special cap and gown arrangements (e.g., borrowing a black cap and gown), needed to confirm participation between the dates above.
- Purchase a cap and gown during the “Graduate Salute” held in the UIS Bookstore in late March/early April. Please see the Information for Students section for additional information regarding “Graduate Salute.”
- Commencement Letter #1 (pdf)
- Commencement Letter #2 (pdf)
- Commencement Letter #3 (pdf)
Special Information for International Students
Commencement information for international students (including information for inviting guests) can be found on the International Student Services website.