Department of Chemistry
June 22, 2016
The Illinois Board of Higher Education has approved our new Biochemistry major! We will begin enrolling students in this major Fall 2016 (in just a couple months). Look for more details on the Chemistry Department web page soon.
Department and UIS links
- Meet our faculty
- Hear about our students
- Helpful UIS links for students
- UIS Pre-Professional Health Sciences
Hilary Rikli, graduate of the UIS Chemistry program receives UIS Master’s Thesis Award. Story about Master’s Thesis Award Winner – Hilary Rikli
- Dr. John Martin was part of a major collaborative team that recently published an article in Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society (March 2016).
- Dr. Harshavardhan Bapat leads the team that brings kids to the UIS campus for Camp Invention (June 20-24, 2016) for a second year. They are encouraged to explore STEM fields with fun and creativity.
- Read a recent (2016) article published in Peptides by Dr. Stephen Johnson.
- Dr. Keenan Dungey (along with Dr. Michael Lemke from Biology) have written a chapter titled “Mike and Keenan’s Excellent Emiquon Adventure” in the book Chemistry for the Curious: Why Study Chemistry. published in 2016 from The Curious Academic Publishing Co., Canberra (AU).