Thank you for your interest in UIS THEATRE.
Auditions for the Spring 2015 Production of Tennessee Williams’
A STREETCAR NAMED DESIRE
Directed by Eric Thibodeaux-Thompson
- Sunday, January 25th, 2015 (Crew Interviews start at 6pm; Auditions start at 7:00PM) OR
- Monday, January 26th, 2015 (Crew Interviews start at 6pm; Auditions start at 7:00PM)
- Location for both nights of auditions is the STUDIO THEATRE here on campus
- Call-backs will be held on Tuesday, January 27th, 2015 @ 7:00pm
- A limited number of scripts is now available. Each script is available for a 24hr checkout, at the front desk, ground floor, Brookens Library, UIS campus
- Friday, April 10 through Sunday, April 12 AND
- Thursday, April 16 through Saturday, April 18, 2015
- 7:30pm each evening; except for Sunday, April 12 at 2:00pm
- Studio Theatre, Level 1, PAC, here on campus
THE STORY and CHARACTERS:
Winner of both the Putilizer Prize for Drama and the New York Drama Critics’ Circle award for Best Play in 1948, Tennessee Williams’ A STREETCAR NAMED DESIRE remains a deeply affecting masterpiece of the American Theatre. After losing her job and the family home in Mississippi, Blanche DuBois visits her sister, Stella, and her husband Stanley Kowalski in their two room apartment in the French Quarter of New Orleans for an extended stay.
What unites both worlds is the ongoing tug of desire in all its forms. Just as Blanche struggles to make the world around her as romantic and poetic as she would like it to be, Stanley fights to protect his non-mysterious way of living, full of simple work and rewards. For this Faculty Showcase production, Associate Professor of Theatre Missy Thibodeaux-Thompson will play the role of Blanche DuBois, and Adjunct Professor of Theatre Thom Miller will play the role of Stanley Kowalski. All other roles are possible for actors who audition.
Director: Eric Thibodeaux-Thompson
Scenic Designer/Technical Director: Dathan Powell
Costume Designer: TBA
Lighting Designer: TBA
Stage Manager, Assistant Stage Managers, Dramaturg, costume crew, dressers, props master, running crew, etc…: TBA
Those Interested in Working Backstage
Those interested in working backstage (stage managers, props crew, sound research, costumes, dresser, running crew) are asked to attend one night of crew interviews at 6:00pm, fill out a crew application, and indicate area of interest backstage. The production team will take a few moments to meet with you to discuss your area of interest.
Please fill out an audition form when you arrive prior to 7:00pm. Auditions will consist of “cold readings” from the script. Be prepared to make some bold choices, take some risks, and have fun! Prepared monologues and resumes are appreciated, but are NOT required.
UIS Theatre invites all theatre artists to audition for roles or apply for offstage work in one of our upcoming productions.
Currently enrolled UIS students are given primary consideration in casting roles and backstage assignments, as well as in determining each production