Therkildsen Field Station at Emiquon
The floodplain restoration at the Emiquon Preserve provides exciting scientific opportunities for researchers and valuable learning experiences for students. Additionally, the quiet and scenic setting offers artists and writers an inspiring get-away. The Therkildsen Field Station (TFSE) provides logistical support for these endeavors with laboratory and classroom space, as well as equipment and housing.
- How do I stay up-to-date on the TFSE? Join our mailing list and visit us on our Facebook page.
- How do I arrange to stay at the TFSE? For information and to submit a request go to our page for visitors.
- I would like to support research at the TFSE, how can I make a donation? Thank you! You’ll find what you need on our support the TFSE page.
News & Notes:
- Our camera is set-up and delivering current images of the Emiquon Preserve. Check out the latest image.
- We’ve added a new page compiling sources of student research funding. Students interested in pursuing research should be sure to check it out.
- Eagle Day will be February 4, 2017. TFSE staff will have spotting scopes set-up in the Emiquon Preserve Visitor use area.
- The 11th Annual Emiquon Science Symposium will be held May 10, 2017. Check back for further updates regarding registration, abstract submittal, and schedules.