Therkildsen Field Station at Emiquon
The floodplain restoration at the Emiquon Preserve provides exciting scientific opportunities for researchers and valuable learning experiences for students. Additionally, the quiet and scenic setting offers artists and writers an inspiring get-away. The Therkildsen Field Station (TFSE) provides logistical support for these endeavors with laboratory and classroom space, as well as equipment and housing.
Check out the current image from our camera.
- How do I stay up-to-date on the TFSE? Join our mailing list and visit us on our Facebook page.
- How do I arrange to stay at the TFSE? For information and to submit a request go to our page for visitors.
- I would like to support research at the TFSE, how can I make a donation? Thank you! You’ll find what you need on our support the TFSE page.
News & Notes:
- Registration is now closed for the 11th Annual Emiquon Science Symposium. The Symposium will be held May 10, 2017.
- Despite the cold weather, this year’s Eagle Day was a success. Dozens of Eagles were present, along with thousands of Snow Geese. These could easily be observed from the Visitor Use Area. An estimated 350-400 persons passed through.
- We’ve added a new page compiling sources of student research funding. Students interested in pursuing research should be sure to check it out.