This page is a collection of resources regarding the accessibility of Word, PowerPoint, and PDF documents as well as websites, beginning with our pages on the common issues in each type of document.
The page on Office covers the concepts and issues that are present in both Word and PowerPoint documents, while their respective pages cover topics that are unique to that filetype.
- Accessibility in Microsoft Office
- Accessibility in PDF
Document Accessibility Resources
- WebAIM - Make Word documents accessible
- WebAIM - Make PowerPoints accessible
- Microsoft - Make Excel spreadsheets accessible
- Adobe - Make PDFs accessible (Acrobat Pro)
Canvas Accessibility Resources
- What are the Canvas accessibility standards?
- How do I use the Accessibility Checker in the RCE?
- UDOIT Information
- Instructure Community Hub - Accessibility
Web Accessibility Resources
- W3C Tables Tutorial
- Web Services Content Review Checklist
- WCAG 2.0 Guidelines
- WebAIM - WCAG 2.0 Checklist
- WAVE browser extension
- AInspector Sidebar
- Web accessibility evaluation tool for Firefox based on WCAG 2.0 and ARIA
- Functional Accessibility Evaluator 2.0
- Spiders a website for WCAG 2.0 Level A and AA requirements and generates a summary report
- Accessibility Bookmarklets
- Browser add-ons that help make hidden accessibility information visible to sighted developers