US News & World Report America’s Best Colleges has ranked UIS the No. 1 public regional university in Illinois and No. 4 in the Midwest (2020, 2021, 2022).
The College of Business and Management is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), a distinction earned by less than 5% of business schools worldwide.
More About UIS
Top six enrolled undergraduate programs
Average Annual Estimated Total Cost
- Tuition: Illinois Resident – $9,502; non-resident – $19,117
- Fees: $2,429
- Housing: (residence hall, meal plan B) – $9,760
- Total Annual Cost (includes tuition, fees, room and board, books, supplies and parking) Illinois resident – $22,951; non-resident: $32,566
Online Courses and Degrees
- Dozens of online courses offered each semester to online and on-campus students.
- 12 undergraduate and 12 graduate degrees offered entirely online to students who have completed general education requirements.
- Grants, loans, and student employment are available. Nearly 70 percent of UIS students receive some form of financial aid.
- More than 100 scholarships totaling over $100,000 are available to continuing students each year. Application deadline: Feb. 1.
Real World Experience
Undergraduate students can be placed in internships relevant to their major, most of them paid, in Springfield businesses, non-profit organizations and associations, and in Illinois state government.
- We are a member of the NCAA Division II and the Great Lakes Valley Conference.
- Men’s Sports: baseball, men’s basketball, men’s golf, men’s soccer, men’s cross country, men’s track & field, and men’s tennis.
- Women’s Sports: women’s basketball, women’s soccer, women’s golf, women’s tennis, women’s cross country, women’s track & field, volleyball & softball.
- A wide range of intramural sports and activities are offered as well.