Customized Website Features
The Office of Web Services had programmed several customized website features into WordPress at UIS, adding enhancements for you to use within your content.
- Example: Chancellor’s remarks
- How to Implement: Within WordPress, select the quote text on your web page, then choose the Blockquote button.
3. Connect with us
A “Connect with us” section can reside below the navigation of your UIS website that features your social media channels.
- Example: Connect with us section below the left side menu in English and Modern Languages
- How to Implement: Contact Web Services to implement or update Connect with us
4. Quick facts count up
The Quick facts count up feature can be placed on your website to spotlight a few important facts.
- Example: Quick Facts count up on International Student Services.
- How to Implement: Contact Web Services to implement or update Quick facts count up
5. Embed feeds
Several different feeds can be embedded into your web pages, including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Flickr.
- Example: Social Media section in Newsroom website
- How to Implement: Contact Web Services to implement an Embed feed
6. Embed page
Rather than simply linking to another UIS web page, it can be embedded on your UIS web page.
- Example: Scholarships Supporting Diversity at UIS and Diversity Inclusion section in Diversity and Inclusion
- How to Implement: To embed a UIS web page, paste the URL on your web page, but do not link it. Leave it as plain text and update your web page. Contact Web Services if you would like an image to appear with your embed, or if you have questions.
7. Embed video
YouTube video can be embedded on your UIS web pages very easily.
8. Cover photos
Up to three images can be chosen to appear at the top of your website homepage. These images change upon a refresh or revisit to the website in random order.
- Example: Environmental Studies
- How to Implement: Contact Web Services to implement a Cover photo or set of Cover photos
9. Photo borders
Add a border to any photo you place on your web page.
- Example: Emiquon website
- How to Implement: WordPress Enhancements – Photo borders section (PDF)
10. Photo gallery
- Example: Focus on UIS Research in Research and Sponsored programs
- How to Implement: How to Create a Photo Gallery (PDF)
Pullquotes can be used to make a key point or quotation stand out on your web page.
12. Tweet this
Specific text can be chosen and designated as “tweetable” within your content. This allows your audience to click and tweet the text you have defined.
- Example: History and Traditions in About website.
- How to Implement: Contact Web Services to implement the Tweet this option