Home Page Preview – 2010
We are freshening the University of Illinois Springfield home page. The basic links and structure are still there, but we’ve condensed the amount of space and updated the look. And technically, the architecture of the page is more robust.
We hope to upload the new home page by August 1, 2010. Click below to see a working draft of the page.
- View the draft home page.
- Send us your comments and suggestions
Thank you for helping us make the UIS website the best it can be. Please see below for additional details.
See above for the link to view the draft home page.
The new home page will be launched at the end of July.
At all stages of development, the campus community has the opportunity to submit feedback
For the year 2009, we looked at traffic coming to the UIS Website from around the world and from social media websites. We also looked at our Top 100 destination websites.
Based on this data, we refined the home page to take advantage of both popular destinations and the amount of traffic coming to our site from social media websites.
We also wanted to align the look of the UIS website with the recruitment materials to be used this fall when the ‘A-Team’ members of our Admissions department set out to recruit new students for the Fall 2011 class.
We added the Social Player to the UIS home page in March of this year. It features current photos along with buttons to view our Flickr, YouTube, Twitter, and Live Webcast content. This feature has been popular, so we’re keeping it in our new updated look. We’re also looking into additions to the Social Player, including our Campus TV Channel, WUIS Radio,
and our student radio station, The Prairie Star.
What’s Old / What’s New:
- The links to Text Only, the myUIS portal, and Webmail are still at the top left.
- Links to our social media connections, i.e., Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and more, are now at top right; along with a search box that allows you to search the People/Phone directory or the whole UIS website.
- Below that area, to the left, are links to important groups of people, Future Students, Undergrad and Graduate students, etc. To the right are the Utility Links: A-Z Index, Contact, Directory, Jobs and Maps.
- The Social Player at mid-left, includes buttons for the latest Flickr slideshow, YouTube video, Twitter stream, and Live Webcast. Whichever you choose, the content will appear within the player box on the home page.
- To the right of the Social Player, two Highlight boxes feature signature programs and initiatives.
- Important Notices, News, and Calendar items are featured to the right of the Highlights.
- Below the Social Player are four lists of our most popular links.
- To the right of those links are boxes for featured websites.
- The Illinois Springfield address and phone number are at the bottom of the page, along with links to more information about the website, emergency information, legal notices, and links to University Administration and our sister campuses.