- This is for non-symptomatic individuals who are not isolating due to COVID-19.
- All samples will be sent to a Springfield lab, with results sent to each individual tester or their guardian within 18 hours.
- There is no age limit to participate in SHIELD testing; however, because of the smaller collection tubes used by SHIELD, younger children may require more time to deposit their sample. If you are bringing a minor to test, please follow these directions (PDF) to create a family account.
- All visitors must wear a mask as they enter and leave the testing site.
- Testers are not to eat, drink, use tobacco, brush their teeth, or use mouthwash 60 minutes prior to submitting a sample.
We strongly encourage community members to make a testing appointment before they visit UIS by pre-registering. Visit the SHIELD testing website and enter agency code “df5brbrj” when creating an account..
SHIELD Illinois Registration Instructions:
Community members will receive test results directly to their testing portal within 12-18 hours of testing, accessible via a web browser.