254 6 primary ways to get people more involved
- Ask people to get involved. Sounds simple, but it’s a huge step.
- Ask for a limited amount of their time.
- Teach civic skills.
- Appeal to people with one of the eight ways that most people get involved.
- Remember the power of faith-based motivation.
- Also remember the power of corporate commitment.
From Profile of Illinois: An Engaged State, the final report of the Illinois Civic Engagement Project, University of Illinois Springfield and United Way of Illinois, 2001. It was based on the first statewide survey of civic engagement in Illinois. For 68 recommendations (PDF) on how to get people more involved, see the complete report. Or see http://civic.uis.edu.
Posted on June 10, 2014