- Evening performances begin at 7:30pm. Sunday matinee performances begin at 2pm. There are 6 performances across two weekends; Weekend #1: Friday @ 7:30pm; Saturday @ 7:30pm; Sunday @ 2:00pm. Weekend #2: Thursday @ 7:30pm; Friday @ 7:30pm; Saturday @ 7:30pm.
UIS Studio Theatre
(Public Affairs Center-level 1), UIS Campus
University of Illinois Springfield Performing Arts Center offers easy ways to obtain tickets to UIS THEATRE productions:
1. Visit the UIS Ticket Office during regular operating hours. The UIS Ticket Office is located in the UIS Performing Arts Center (Sangamon Auditorium) Lobby on Level 2 of the Public Affairs Center, on the campus of the University of Illinois Springfield.
- Regular Box Office Hours:
Monday – Friday: 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
The Ticket Office opens two hours prior to all ticketed events.
2. Purchase Tickets by Phone (217) 206-6160.
3. For More Information re: Ticket Purchase Options, etc., please visit: https://uispac.com/tickets/how-buy-tickets
UIS Performing Arts Center Information Line:
Patrons may call the UIS Performing Arts Center Information Line at (217) 206-6160 to speak directly with a representative. They will be happy to help you with special needs and accessibility information, length of performances, program content, directions, pre-performance activities, subscription ticketing and general customer service inquiries.
For the up to the minute latest protocol please click here: https://uispac.com/plan-your-visit/coronavirus-updates
COVID-19 Requirements for UIS Theatre’s STOP KISS Attendees:
The UIS Performing Arts Center is requiring ALL event attendees regardless of age to show ONE of the following prior to admission:
- Proof of a negative Covid-19 test result from a test taken within the two days prior to the event.
- OR proof of full Covid-19 vaccination (including 2 weeks passing since final injection).
Patrons that are 18 years of age and older will be required to provide a Photo ID when presenting vax card or negative COVID-19 test.
Face masks are required to be worn at all events during periods the CDC designates Sangamon County’s Covid transmission levels as “Substantial/High.”
Please note that no one is exempt from this policy, per the CRRT. Attendees under the vaccination age of 12 will need to provide a negative covid test. Also, please be aware that the Campus Rapid Response Team (CRRT) will *not* permit us to use UIS I cards as proof that a person is in compliance with the vaccination policy.
In short, and in general, for our audiences:
Studio Theatre during substantial to high transmission:
- Must social distance by 6’ regardless of vaccination status (only about 30 audience seats available)
- No concessions
Studio Theatre during low to moderate transmission:
- If audience is mixed (vaccinated and unvaccinated and unchecked), same as substantial to high transmission (above) applies
- If audience checked for vaccinations or negative covid tests within two days of event:
- Full capacity permitted
- Masks not required
- Concessions can be offered
New Parking Fee:
Event Parking Fee:
There is a $5 per vehicle event parking fee (cash only) in effect during many UIS Performing Arts Center events. Event parking signage and staff will guide you into the appropriate parking lots and collect the $5 cash fee upon entry. Persons displaying valid UIS parking hang tags have already paid a parking fee for the semester and do not have to pay an event parking fee if they park in the areas designated by their hang tag.
When Event Parking procedures are not in effect, such as during non-event periods or events with expected low attendance, all visitors must only park in visitor-designated lots and pay the visitor parking rate of $1 per hour by means of the nearest parking pay station. Pay stations accept coins and credit/debit cards only – NO bills! You must know your license plate number when using the pay stations.
Designated visitor lots with pay stations closest to the UIS Performing Arts Center are lot C North and lot D. Lot B is also a designated visitor lot but is farther away from the building. Please note failure to pay the parking fee may result in a ticket being issued by UIS Parking Operations.
For Stop Kiss, only on the October 23 performance will there be an event parking service in operation.
(Fees: Your ticket purchase may include fees, either included in the price of the ticket or added on at the time of purchase. If you have any questions please contact the ticket office.)
Adults (18yrs – 64yrs old): $14.00Senior Citizens (65 and over): $12.00UIS Faculty/Staff: $10.00UIS (and all current college) Students: $8.00Young Adult/Children (17yrs and under): $6.00
- Please contact the UIS Ticket Office at (217) 206-6160 for assistance if necessary.
- “PAY WHAT YOU CAN PREVIEW NIGHT”-–Applies ONLY on Preview Night, which is the final dress rehearsal evening performance before Opening Night. Cash only, in person only, and at the Studio Theatre main entrance door. For this evening only, the admission price is whatever amount each attendee decides to pay.