UIS offers a number of international study options.
Short Term Study Abroad Programs offered by UIS and partner universities:
- NEW PROGRAM – England, August 2020 (cancelled)
- New Program – Spain, May/June 2020 – Cancelled
- Japanese Language and Culture in Ashikaga, Japan – Summer 2020 – (Cancelled)
- Taiwan and Indonesia – Summer 2020 (cancelled)
- Environmental Policy in China (with UIUC and UIC) – Summer 2020 (Cancelled)
- History and Culture of Vietnam – Jan. 2021
- Summer at Sungkyunkwan University (South Korea) – Summer 2020
- Chinese Language and Culture (Heilongjiang University, China) – Summer 2020 – (cancelled)
- Maynooth University, Ireland – Summer 2020 (cancelled)
- Study in India program at the University of Hyderabad – Summer 2020
Applications Deadlines for UIS Global Experience Programs for the summer of 2020:
- March 1st
Please note: Where student interest in a program is high there is a possibility that a program may fill before the final deadline of March 1st. You are encouraged to submit your application as soon as possible.
Additionally, in order to be eligible for study abroad scholarships application material needs to be submitted to the International Program Office by Feb. 7th.
UIS has reciprocal exchange agreements for semester or year long study with the following schools:
- Charles Darwin University in Darwin, Australia
- Saitama University at Saitama, Japan
- University of Colima in Colima, Mexico
- The University of Hull, England
- Maynooth University, Ireland
- Université Grenoble Alpes (UGA), France (strong program in English for Business majors)
- Heilongjiang University, China
- Institute des Hautes Etudes des Communications Sociales, Belgium
- Roskilde University, Denmark
- Radboud University, The Netherlands
- Sungkyunkwan University, South Korea
- The University of Valencia, Spain
In addition to semester and full year exchange opportunities at the University of Colima there are also on line exchange opportunities in Political Science. UIS students may register for selected on line courses at the University of Colima. Contact the Office of International Programs or the Department of Political Science for registration details.
Students selected to participate in reciprocal exchange programs pay tuition and fees to UIS. All other expenses, housing, board, etc. are paid to the host institution.
International Student Exchange Program Network.
UIS has joined the International Student Exchange Program (ISEP) a network of colleges and universities around the world. Through ISEP UIS students will be able to apply to study at partner universities from 55 countries. Please note that UIS is a direct member in ISEP.
National Student Exchange program network
UIS has joined the National Student Exchange program network (NSE) a network of colleges and universities in the USA and Canada. Through NSE UIS student will be able to study at partner universities while paying UIS tuition.
In order to be eligible for study abroad scholarships the UIS Global Experience application to study abroad in the summer, fall and spring need to be submitted by Feb. 7th
Deadline for exchange programs through UIS partners are:
- Spring programs – October 1st
- Fall programs – March 1st
UIS also has general affiliation agreements with the following Universities:
- The University of La Plata, Argentina
- International School of Zestone, Australia
- The State University of Maringa, Brazil
- Dalian University of Foreign Language, China
- Beijing Wuzi University, China
- Bohai University, China
- China University of Mining and Technology, China
- Tunghai University, China
- Shanghai Dianji University, China
- Technische Hochschule Ingolstadt, Germany
- Geethanjali College of Engineering and Technology, India
- Institute of Science and Technology, India
- KLE Dr. M.S. Sheshgiri College of Engineering and Technology, India
- Sharda University, India
- The University of Hyderabad, India
- The Ashikaga Institute of Technology, Japan (short term exchange agreement – see above)
- Universidad Autonoma Metropolitana of the United Mexican States
- Universidad Politecnica de Guanajuato, Mexico
- KU International Education Academy, South Korea
- Ming Chi University of Technology, Taiwan
- National Chung Hsing University, Taiwan
- Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology, Vietnam
- The University of Danang, Vietnam