Health and Safety
The University of Illinois system maintains a group policy for international health insurance coverage for:
- All participants in a UIS program of study outside of the USA, including conducting research, fieldwork and internships;
- faculty and staff leading study abroad programs;
- faculty and staff traveling outside of the USA on official university business.
For individuals who are approved to participate in a study abroad program through UIS and for faculty and staff approved to lead a UIS study abroad program enrollment in Gallagher Student Health and Special Risk Insurance is required. The only exceptions are students studying abroad through the International Student Exchange Program (ISEP) which has it’s own insurance requirement.
- Enroll in the Gallagher Program on line
- Gallagher Student Assistance ID Card (for students approved to study abroad)
- Gallagher Insurance Brochure
- US State Department information for students travelling abroad
- World Health Organization (WHO) country information
- Center for Disease Control (CDC) country information