UIS offers a number of international study options.
Short Term Study Abroad Programs
- Ireland/England (Immigration/Human Trafficking), August 2022
- Japanese Language and Culture in Ashikaga, Japan – Summer 2022 – Cancelled
- Environmental Policy in China (with UIUC and UIC) – Summer 2022 – Cancelled
- Taiwan – summer 2022
- Summer at Sungkyunkwan University (South Korea) – Summer 2022
- Chinese Language and Culture (Heilongjiang University, China) – Summer 2022
- Maynooth University, Ireland – Summer 2022
- Study in India program at the University of Hyderabad – Summer 2022
Summer 2022 Deadlines
Final Deadline for Summer 2022: March 1st, 2022.
Please note: Where student interest in a program is high there is a possibility that a program may fill before the final deadline of March 1st. You are encouraged to submit your application as soon as possible.
Additionally, in order to be eligible for study abroad, scholarships application material needs to be submitted to Study Away Programs by Feb. 7th.
UIS has reciprocal exchange agreements for semester or year long study with several International Partners.
International Student Exchange Program Network
UIS is a direct member International Student Exchange Program (ISEP), a network of colleges and universities around the world. Through ISEP UIS students will be able to apply to study at partner universities from 55 countries. Please note that as a direct member in ISEP UIS students pay all of their fees, tuition, room and board to the host institution.
National Student Exchange Program Network
UIS has joined the National Student Exchange program network (NSE), a network of colleges and universities in the USA and Canada. Through NSE UIS student will be able to study at partner universities while paying UIS tuition.
In order to be eligible for study abroad scholarships the UIS Global Experience Program application to study abroad in the summer, fall and spring needs to be submitted by Feb. 7th
Deadline for exchange programs through UIS partners are:
- Spring programs – October 1st
- Fall programs – March 1st