The Student Union is home to many spaces suitable for a wide variety of events or programs that are meant to be utilized by the entire campus community. Some spaces are public and always available, while others must be reserved in advance in order to use.
Registered Student Organizations are always able to reserve space in the Student Union free of charge, unless they are hosting an event where they are charging an admission fee for guests. In the first 2 months of a given semester, student events get priority for scheduling space for events taking place in the following semester. Non-student affiliated events and programs will be able to reserve space after this period.
To book your event at the UIS Student Union, simply follow these steps:
- Contact the Student Union to check the availability of the room for the date and time you need.
You can reserve a room in the following ways:
- Start your reservation online at UISConnection (RSO’s and University events only)
- Call the administrative office at (217) 206 8611 (public event requests)
- For catering questions, please go here
- For use of the Seminar Rooms (228 and 235) come into the Student Union and reserve your space in person at the Welcome desk.
Advertising in the Student Union
The UIS Student Union is a great place to promote events held in the building, as well as University-wide programs or campaigns.
Print Materials (Banner Space): The Student Union allows students and University-affiliated organizations to reserve banner space above the Osborne Lounge to advertise upcoming events. This space can be reserved at the Welcome Desk in the Union. Please see our banner policy guide for more information on what is accepted.
Digital Materials: Digital signs and flyers are an option for promotion and advertising in the Student Union. To submit content to display on these signs, please fill out the Sign Content Request Form. Any faculty, staff, or student can submit content. For more information on what is acceptable here, please visit the ITS guidelines.