Forms & Policies

RSO COVID-19 Guidelines:

Below are the available drafts of the COVID-19 guidelines to guide RSOs in programming for the 2020/2021 academic year. Any questions relating to programming can be directed to the RSOs Student Life liaison. If you are unaware who your liaison is, feel free to email

Please note that changes may continually be made to the documents below. If any changes are made, Student Life staff will work to communicate those changes with RSOs as well as update the resources as soon as possible. Any temporary changes in the ability for RSOs to host on-ground or hybrid programs will be communicated via email and the RSO Newsletter. 

RSO COVID-19 Event Guidelines – Updated 1/2021

RSO Phase 4 Event Locations Capacities

Phase 4 Event Request Window

RSO COVID-19 Catering Menu

Space Requests:

  • Registered Student Organizations can request space through UISConnection. This is done by “Creating Event”. Campus departments with UISConnection pages, as well as Resident Assistants can do so in the same way. If your campus department does not have a UISConnection page, Student Union spaces can be requested through this online form. SLB Gym can be requested via email to 
  • New forming organizations needing space to meet prior to completing registration should contact our office at for assistance

For Registering a Student Organization:

  • Registration is on UISConnection,  you must have 4 students and 1 faculty/staff advisor, once registration form is submitted, the President and Treasurer of the organization will be enrolled in a Path on UISConnection for training and resources. Registration for the academic year opens 1 week prior to the start of the Fall Semester classes. Priority Registration deadline is September 15th, registration for the academic year closes March 15th.
  • Student Organization Model Constitution (docx) You can use this model to as a guide to develop your organization’s constitution.
  • Student Organization Constitution Template (docx) This is another model you can use to design your constitution.
  • RSO Handbook 2020-21 (pdf) This outline the policies and procedures for running an RSO. The information in this document should answer most of your questions. If you have any others, stop by the Student Life Office in the Student Union.
  • Student Organization Storage Locker Applications (UISConnection) . Fill this out if your organization would like to reserve lockers in the Student Leadership Center.
  • RSO Facility Use Agreement (pdf) Contains the policies pertaining to campus facility usage at UIS.

For Events and Activities:

For Funding Purposes:


For any questions relating to the information above, contact Mary Umbarger or your RSO Liaison.