Forms & Policies
- Space Requests
- For Registering a Student Organization
- For Events and Activities
- For Funding Purposes
- Student Organizations can request space through UISConnection. This is done by “Creating Event”. Campus departments with UISConnection pages, as well as Resident Assistants can do so in the same way. If your campus department does not have a UISConnection page, Student Union spaces can be requested through this online form. SLB Gym can be requested via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For Registering a Student Organization:
- Registration is on UISConnection, you must have 4 students and 1 faculty/staff advisor, once registration form is submitted, the President and Treasurer of the organization will be enrolled in a Path on UISConnection for training and resources.
- Student Organization Model Constitution (docx) You can use this model to as a guide to develop your organization’s constitution.
- Student Organization Constitution Template (docx) This is another model you can use to design your constitution.
- RSO Handbook 19-20 (pdf) This outline the policies and procedures for running an RSO. The information in this document should answer most of your questions. If you have any others, stop by the Student Life Office in the Student Union.
- Student Organization Storage Locker Applications (UISConnection) . Fill this out if your organization would like to reserve lockers in the Student Leadership Center.
- RSO Facility Use Agreement (pdf) Contains the policies pertaining to campus facility usage at UIS.
- Student Organization Program Planner (docx) Planning an event? Use this guide to aid you in planning your event!
- UIS Student Life Equipment Request Form (webtools). The SOC has equipment that you can use for your organization’s events.
- Agreement and Acknowledgement of Risks (pdf) Fill out this form for each participant if your organization is planning an event off-campus or if you organization is hosting a higher risk level activity. See your Student Life Liaison for assistance in determining if this is required for your event.
- Travel Itinerary (pdf) Fill out this form and submit it with the Agreement and Acknowledgement of each participant traveling.
- Button Template (docx) There is a button machine in the Student Leadership Center that can be used for promotions (or just for fun). This link helps you design your button. Buttons are only 10 cents each.
- Campus Services Request Form (pdf) If you would like to use the services of Printing and Duplicating, use this form to specify your needs.
- Student Life Sound Crew Request Form (UISConnection) Complete this form if your organization would like to reserve the Student Life large sound system.
- Food Sale Process for Registered Student Organizations (pdf) This document outlines the policy for RSOs hosting events/fundraisers involving food.
- Organization Disbursement Voucher (pdf) For Reimbursements or payments from the RSO Fundraising Account.
- Request for Cash Box (webtools) For requesting a cashbox and/or petty cash for events/fundraisers involving money.
- Restrictions on the use of Student Activity Fee Funds (docx). This link takes you to the guidelines of funding organization events.
- RSO Donation Solicitation Form (pdf) For requesting donations from outside of the University.
- SOFA Request (UISConnection) RSOs must complete this form in order to request funding from SOFA.
- SOFA Program Report (webtools) RSOs who have received funding from SOFA must complete this form within 2 weeks of event.
- SOFA Expenditure Form (pdf) RSOs who have received funding from SOFA must complete this form when purchases have been made.
For any questions relating to the information above, contact Mary Umbarger or your RSO Liaison.