Involvement in campus organizations is an important part of your complete educational experience at UIS.
Student organizations offer social, service, and professional opportunities for their members within the university and community. Membership can broaden acquaintances, develop leadership ability, build decision-making and problem-solving skills, and complement classroom instruction.
- A current list of Registered Student Organizations with descriptions, websites, and contact information can be found on UISConnection.
- Registration for each academic year begins on the first day of classes in the Fall Semester
- Mandatory RSO Officer Training – RSO Leadership Summit for the 20/21 Academic year is scheduled for January 30th, this is required for officers annually as a leadership development opportunity. RSO Officers will be enrolled in a Path on UISConnection to complete technical training
- Register your organization on UISConnection. You will need the most recent copy of your organizations constitution, and to have completed the RSO Officer Training before registering online.
- Priority Registration Deadline is Sept 15th, all registrations must be completed by March 15th
The Office of Student Life can assist you with the following:
- Starting an organization
- Program and event development
- Individual and group problem solving
- Leadership development
- Membership recruitment
- Fundraising suggestions
- Referrals to additional campus and community resources
- SOFA Requests and Reports
For more information, contact:
- Mary Umbarger
Student Organizations and Leadership Coordinator
- Phone: (217) 206-4762