- Student-Parents at UIS provides lactation room in Student Affairs Building, Room 11 to support nursing mothers returning to work, school, or campus. Any nursing mother who is a UIS community member (faculty, staff, student, contract employee) or their spouse, same or opposite sex partner can use any of the lactation rooms. The room offers a clean, secure, and private space for women who need to express breast milk during their time on campus. The room are equipped with comfortable seating, table, ample electrical outlets near the chair and refrigerators. We recommend that you bring a small cooler to store your breast milk. UIS is not responsible for the security or integrity of breast milk stored in or outside of the lactation room refrigerator.
- UIS Student Handbook 2019-2020 (pdf)This online handbook includes information and links to academic and student affairs programs, arts and entertainment at UIS, athletics, food and dining, university policies and procedures, and campus safety, among many other topics. The Student Handbook is not an all-inclusive resource meant to take the place of the university catalog or other publication, but is rather one of many guides for students as they progress toward graduation. While the handbook is online-only, it is designed to allow printing of any or all of the pages of the handbook.
- Resources for Immigration and More – This serves as a resource to to all who need it. Not only does this website contain advice, helpful links, and educational materials, but it will also contain important updates regarding the status of immigration in the United States and Illinois.
- UIS Graduate Students interested in Downtown Springfield Housing Survey Report results (PDF) – Results from a survey reviewing a proposal for an expansion of the University of Illinois Springfield into the downtown Springfield area.
- Leadership lived – see archived Leadership Lived Featured Stories – UIS students embrace the university’s philosophy of leadership development. Some of the best ideas to enhance the student experience on campus have come from the students themselves. You’ll find UIS students mentoring their peers, creating new organizations, launching Greek life, passing referendums to support a new student union, or devoting countless hours to volunteering in Springfield.
- PNC is the official student banking provider of the University of Illinois – PNC Bank, N.A., a member of The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. (NYSE: PNC) and the University of Illinois announced that PNC is the official student banking provider of the University of Illinois. See link for complete details.