Whether you’re a first year or a continuing student, we’re happy that you’ve chosen to become a part of the University of Illinois Springfield Community. We (faculty, staff, alumni & campus partners) are here to support you in being successful in your academic career. We encourage you to take advantage of your time here. Participate in class, ask questions, meet with your advisor, ask more questions. Join one (or several) of the student organizations and community engagement projects. In these groups you will find a sense of camaraderie and shared purpose that will enhance your learning outside of the classroom, whether that classroom is on campus or online. Have a question? Please ask! Ultimately, your success at UIS is up to you so take advantage of your many resources available to you.
- Get to Know Student Affairs Departments and Campus Life – Getting it Done Videos!!!
- Latest News – Information all current students must know.
- Career within Student Affairs – Information for students who are interested in a career within Student Affairs.
- Diversity – cultural differences through educational, cultural, and social programming activities
- Get Involved – Learn, have fun and contribute to your campus community
- We can help – Student Affairs offers help just when you need it most
- Give back – Make the University a better place for our students
- MY UIS LIFE – Read the Viewbook of Current Students – From finding a quiet place in Brookens Library, to attending basketball games in TRAC, to playing pool in the Stars Cafe’ and Lounge, there’s always something to do or somewhere to go at UIS.
- Leadership lived – see archived Leadership Lived Featured Stories – UIS students embrace the university’s philosophy of leadership development.
- PNC is the official student banking provider of the University of Illinois – PNC Bank, N.A., a member of The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. (NYSE: PNC) and the University of Illinois announced that PNC is the official student banking provider of the University of Illinois. See link for complete details.
Student Affairs offers programs and services for a diverse campus community, including:
- International Student Services – 217/206-6678 – HRB 20
- LGBTQA Resource Office – 217 206- 8411 – SLB 22
- Veterans Affairs – 217/206-8211 – SAB 17
- Women’s Center – 217/206-7173 – SLB 15
Learn, have fun and contribute to your campus community
- Student Government Association – Student Union
Student Affairs offers help just when you need it most.
Access and Equal Opportunity – Phone: 206-6222, PAC 491
- Counseling Center – 217/206-7122 – HRB 64
- Dean of Students –217/206-8211 – SAB 17
- Volunteer and Civic Engagement Center – 217-206-7716