- Living on Campus
- Necessary Steps (first generation college student) Living Learning Community
- Leadership for Life (volunteer and civic engagement) Living Learning Community
- Student Organizations
- Intramural Sports, Club Sports, and Outdoor Adventures
- International Student Services
- My life @ UIS Viewbook
- UIS Student Handbook (pdf) – This online handbook is your 24-7 to reference when you have questions or want more information about academic and student affairs programs, arts and entertainment at UIS, athletics, food and dining, among other areas. It’s not an all-inclusive resource meant to take the place of the university catalog or other publication, but rather one of many guides for students as they progress toward graduation.
- Apply for housing on campus
- Get a meal plan
- Pick up some food or school supplies from UIS Cares
- Learn out about student banking with PNC
- Connect with events, volunteer opportunities, student organizations and clubs on UIS Connection
- Find student employment and career opportunities on Career Connect
- Meet with a disability specialist
- Get on-campus childcare and other student-parent resources
- Support a Women’s Center Signature Event
- Set an appointment with Health Services or the Counseling Center
- Learn more about getting involved with Greek Life
- Join the Black Male Initiative or the The Hispanic LatinX Initiative
- Become Safe Zone/Brave Space certified or become an InQUEERy peer mentor
- Get involved with Student Government, the Student Activities Committee, or Resident Housing Association
- Check out a group fitness class, join an intramural team or go on an outdoor adventure
- Participate in cultural and educational events sponsored by International Student Services
Student employment opportunities can be found using the the Career Services Career Connect site.
Resources for current student employees:
Student Employee Handbook (pdf) – This handbook is provided to all students who work within the Division of Student Affairs.
Student Employee of the Month – Student Employee of the Month Nomination form and highlights of past student employees of the month.
Student Employee Workshops (pdf)– The goals of the workshops are prepare our students for work on campus and for their next professional opportunity.
Student Employee Performance Assessment form (pdf)– This form is available to department supervisors to use as a tool to provide performance assessment for student who work within their department.