Continuing Education Workshop and Webinars
The Division of Student Affairs at the University of Illinois Springfield is committed to developing the knowledge and skills of those working within our Division. We believe professional development is essential to promoting a standard of excellence within a learning organization. Through professional development we share knowledge, expand our skills, provide models of cooperation and collaboration that strengthen our community, and stimulate new thinking and ideas. Professional development is a life-long commitment that includes the development of skills at varying levels: basic, intermediate and advanced, as well at different stages in our careers: early, mid and senior levels.
It is expected that individual administrators, support staff and student employees will pursue professional development opportunities that will enhance their skills and effectiveness. As you progress in your career, you need to keep abreast of current issues, trends and research in this field.
The Division of Student Affairs goal is to provide staff with many opportunities to gain the skills, knowledge and tools so they are more effective in their jobs and their work with students.
Additional Video on a Variety of Topics:
- ACPA – College Student Educator Institutional
- ACPA RACISM SERIES
- TED TALKS – LEADERSHIP SERIES
- TED TALKS – LGBTQA SERIES
- TED TALKS – SOCIAL JUSTICE SERIES
Student Affairs Live is sponsored by ACPA
The Higher Ed Live network offers viewers direct access to the best and brightest minds in education and allows viewers to share knowledge and participate in discussions around the most important issues in the industry. Higher Ed Live provides live, weekly content about admissions, advancement, marketing, student affairs, and communications to higher education professionals. Episodes feature knowledgeable hosts conducting exclusive interviews with professionals from institutions; journalists; consultants; and other thought leaders. Tackling new topics with each broadcast, we aim to foster knowledge sharing and to be a trusted source of information for higher education professionals around the globe.
- SCHEDULE – http://www.higheredlive.com/category/upcoming/
- PODCASTS – http://www.higheredlive.com/podcasts/
- BLOG – http://www.higheredlive.com/blog/
- CONFERENCES – http://www.higheredlive.com/conferences/
- NEWSLETTER – http://www.higheredlive.com/newsletter/
- HIGHER ED SPECIAL EDITION – http://www.higheredlive.com/higher-ed-special-edition/
- MARKETING LIVE – http://www.higheredlive.com/marketing-live/
- ADMISSIONS LIVE – http://www.higheredlive.com/admissions-live/
- ADVANCEMENT LIVE – http://www.higheredlive.com/advancement-live/
- STUDENT AFFAIRS LIVE – http://www.higheredlive.com/student-affairs-live/
headquartered in Washington, D.C. at the National Center for Higher Education, is the leading comprehensive student affairs association that advances student affairs and engages students for a lifetime of learning and discovery.
A variety of topics can be found at http://videos.myacpa.org/home
TED TAlKS – http://www.ted.com/topics – TED is a nonprofit devoted to spreading ideas, usually in the form of short, powerful talks (18 minutes or less). TED began in 1984 as a conference where Technology, Entertainment and Design converged, and today covers almost all topics — from science to business to global issues — in more than 100 languages. Meanwhile, independently run TEDx events help share ideas in communities around the world.